Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 11, 2012

As long as we have our health!

I'm passing time at Toyota waiting for my car to be ready (either a sensor is wonky or I have a super slow tire leak) so I decided to blog. Yay apps that make that possible.

Jules successfully had her ovarian cyst removal surgery yesterday. Things went relatively smooth for the most part. We had a scare after she had her IV put in. Within five minutes she got super hot and soaked through her gown. She got double vision and started retching non-stop. The resident doctor was called in and checked her out and within 15 minutes she was fine again. Strange and scary! After that she was fine and got through the surgery no problem. The nursing staff was so awesome there; we really like that hospital.

She had three hurdles to get past before they would discharge her - eat a muffin, drink water and apple juice and urinate. The first two were no problem and eventually Jules talked me into getting her coffee (twice) from Tim Hortons all the way at the other side of the hospital. The third, oh boy... At the threat of a catheter, she finally managed to go a tiny bit though we both agree today that she should have just let them do it. So, after eight hours at the hospital we finally got home and situated Jules on the couch where she's been ever since.

I stopped to get us some Thai soup we love for dinner and all was well for a while. I should have known it was going to be bad when I was eating and felt a little off. I guess I wasn't enjoying it as much as I usually do. I had walked a ton during the day and was feeling pretty worn out so I figured I was just blah in general. Within an hour though the heartburn started (it is a pretty mild soup) and an hour after that I was really feeling queasy. I decided to go to bed after making sure Jules was comfortable and drugged up appropriately. I don't know what I was thinking though because laying down (even kinda propped up) made the nausea even worse. I was debating getting up to try throwing up but I must have eventually drifted off enough to get passed it. I woke up every so often and felt sick a few times but would eat a cracker or two from a bag I put on my night table and would eventually roll over and fall back asleep.

Today I've been fine except for the small glass of skim milk I almost gagged on. I had a cheese sandwich that went down fine so I'll just keep track of the things that have started offending me and steer clear for a while. My list so far:

*Any kind of tomato based sauce
*My liquid B complex vitamin
*Coffee (I had been drinking decaf since January so I'm sad it has made the list already)
*Ground beef
*Milk
*The Thai soup
*Bell peppers
*Onions

As for any cravings, I think I actually do have two. Soup and bananas. I rarely ever have soup for a meal, maybe once a month. Since last weekend I've wanted broth based soup every day. I think this is going to drive Jules nuts because she's not a big soup person at all. As for the bananas, they aren't usually in my top ten fruit list but that seems to have changed this week. I can honestly say I've savored a banana now. I never would have believed that a week ago...

1 comment:

Software information said...

Julia roberts Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher is a renowned extravagance brand name Louis Vuitton capture the particular "Core Principles? Sac Chanel Soldes?" printing advert publicity.Celeb identity of individuals to educate all of us Sac Chanel to know life, you will need a LV bag.LV Louis Vuitton's artistic advertising and marketing from the 1st our on the celestial satellite, the actual advert is trying to tell Sac Chanel Pas Cher people who in france they brand name wants a completely new route. Coco Chanel is very to be overtaken sudden expenses century vogue godmother, since the woman stated: "I under no circumstances examined the combination of favor, standard style together with modern brand-new component, just one manufacturer, still Sac Louis Vuitton Soldes with out sacrificing the, but will also recommendations for that the latest fashion. Sac Louis Vuitton