Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Added note on the 'morning' sickness/nausea...

I think part of the reason why this has really bothered me is I usually don't get queasy at ANYTHING and my sense of smell is average if anything so normally nothing phases me.  I can eat a meal while watching a surgery on television.  When I was younger, if one of my sister's vomited on the bathroom floor, my mom would look at me pleadingly and offer me $20 to clean it up and I jumped right up and did it no problem.  Sure, I'll have the odd upset stomach or once a year have a killer hangover but none of that was enough to prepare me for the past month and a half.  It's kind of freaky to feel a way in which you've never experienced before.  I know I probably sound stupid for saying that because, duh, I went and got myself pregnant.  How could I not expect these things to happen?  Well, you can imagine how something is when you're planning for it and reading books and the internet but it's a whole other things to actually have it happen.  It's given me a greater appreciation for a lot of people, let me tell you.  You really don't know how something is until you actually experience it.

On a happy note, there were two brief windows in time today where I was actually hungry for food.  The first was shortly after getting up this morning (I was suddenly craving a breakfast sandwich from Tim Hortons) which caused me to rush poor Jules out the door so we could get there before work.  The second was 30 min before a big meeting this afternoon.  I rushed out and got a veggie sub from Subway.  How exciting!!  I got to eat two meals today!!  I sincerely hope there are more days like this to come in the near future! 

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yeah, pregnancy can mess with you. I'm still annoyed by my change in gag reflex because it's harder to clean up after dogs/children now. :P

Glad you are starting to feel better. As your body adjusts to the levels, you should have more good days. And then hopefully it will all be good for the rest of the pregnancy. :)