Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 30, 2007

Thanks

Thank you for the support, guys... I appreciate it and am using it as a crutch right now.

Well, tonight I had to ask my girlfriend if she got her MRI results yet... she didn't tell me she went to the doctor today. I asked her why she didn't mention it when I asked how her day was. She doesn't want to talk about it. She says it's pretty much the worst news she could have gotten.... partial tear to the ligament... probably won't get in to see a surgeon until the fall, and even then there's the chance they won't operate on it. Fuck. I can tell, just from messaging her that she's sunk even lower.

I don't know what to say to her now. I told her I feel for her, even though that doesn't help right now. She has pretty much shutdown. I feel so helpless now... I can't even be the cheerleader anymore because the prognosis sucks and she's basically going to have to learn to deal with it for quite a while and possibly longer.

Sigh... this sucks so much.

My stress has finally brought on a cold... sore throat and runny nose. Yay... I get to deal with that now too. In all honesty though, I would gladly re-live last August when I had strep throat for almost the entire month if it meant fixing what's happening now.

Today I'm grateful for:

* Slow work day today
* Comedy like the Ellen Degeneres show and The Real Wedding Crashers... the only thing that makes my girlfriend look happy for a few minutes at a time anymore
* Support from friends and family
* Throat lozenges

No comments: