Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Personal Day

Well, I had to use up my last personal day today for work. I finally fell asleep this morning at 4 am, giving me an hour and a half worth of sleep before the alarm went off at 5:30. Normally, I could suck it up and get through the work day, but not after only getting three hours on Monday night. I seem to be stuck with some insomnia at the worst time. This week is fiscal year end in my world... tomorrow and Friday are the most stressful and busiest in my department. If I can't get sleep... it's going to be absolute hell. I'm definitely going to be drugging myself tonight.

I went out and bought myself a new pillow this afternoon. It's a feather pillow because I can't seem to get used to synthetic filed variety. The packaging says it's hypoallergenic, which I found amusing. What if you're allergic to feathers? Anyway, I hope it helps in some tiny way. I also washed all of my bedding, using the lavender fabric softener.

I'm watching more BtVS today. Stuck in season 3 at the moment: Doppelgangland, Enemies, Earshot, Choices, The Prom and Graduation Day part 1 & 2. I miss this show being on the air...

Today I'm grateful for:

* Having saved a personal day for a day like this
* The distraction that is Buffy
* A day alone

1 comment:

jp said...

Personal days rock, don't they? Ironic that we both ended up taking one so randomly... {{Jenny}}