Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday, always sucky...

Sunday always sucks, even on a long weekend. For me anyway... because there's always something sucky that happens. Today it's the return of my girlfriend's bad mood after two days of reprieve. Of course I can't really blame her... her parents went back North today after spending two days visiting and now she's getting a cold. She was going to stay the night, but decided she rather spend the night in her own bed, so she went home this afternoon after we saw Shrek The Third at the theatre. Poor girl... can't catch a break.

Yesterday was really busy... I went around town with her and her parents looking at RV's from 10 am - 5 pm. Exhausting but fun. Her parents are hilarious. I then went home to quickly shower and change into more formal clothes because we were going to her Uncle's place for his 50th birthday and then out to an Italian restaurant from there. It ended up being a very late night and we pretty much fell into bed exhausted around 2 am and slept until noon.

Tonight I ended up having to run to Wal-mart to pick up a new mouse for my laptop. My little Microsoft optical mouse suddenly died on me, so I picked up some lame-brand $20 optical mouse that is supposedly for gamers. It has three buttons by the thumb and one by the wheel in the middle that I have no use for, but the scrolling is so smooth on it. It feels great in the hand, which is all I care about. I'm very picky about my mice... at work, whenever we upgrade our computers, they always shake their head at me when I refuse to use the brand new mouse that the system comes with. I still use the one I bought myself from Staples when I first started. The newer ones feel weird to me.

Okay, well, I'm going to end this post before it gets even more boring...

Today I'm grateful for:

* Another day to sleep in
* A new (very cheap, but not cheap-looking) coat
* My sister (as always)
* No backwards steps

3 comments:

Stacey said...

sounds like a great weekend! sorry about your gf's mood and cold. hopefully she'll feel better with some rest.

we're going to see the shrek movie tomorrow at the babies & mommies movies. yay!!! i think riley will like it. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the 20 dollar black dress

westmaple said...

Stace - It's still a good movie... there are some lol moments in it. :) That's great about the movies for moms and babies!

Chantel - Yeah, but did you get the $20 thing for under it? lol.. I'm still so happy about my $19 coat. Woo!