Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Why must all good things come to an end???

No, I'm not talking about my relationship (yet), I'm referring to that stupid CW network cancelling Veronica Mars!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise, today was an alright day. Work sucked because of little tasks that ended up taking up most of my day, but no major crisis, so that's always good.

I have a co-worker at work who, for some reason, feels the need to pick on me. Not to my face, mind you, but she tries to get me in trouble with management any chance she can get. It's kind of sad actually, because I'm a very hard worker, rule-follower and a team player, so it would be extremely difficult to find something to get me in trouble for, but she tries. Yesterday, I heard through the grapevine that she told her manager that I took an extra long coffee break. Apparently she times my breaks or something. Anyway, she saw me leave the office for the break room, but she didn't know that I was meeting with two members of another department in the break room to resolve some minor issues we're facing regarding some scheduled activity (unusual to meet in the break room, granted, but when everyone is busy, it's hard to find time for everyone to meet in a more formal area). So, I ended up having the brief meeting and then proceeded to take my walk around the block, which pretty much takes up my entire break. What she saw, in her mind, was me taking an extended coffee break.

Anyway, rather than get upset about the fact that this woman is trying to sabotage my career, I felt a little sorry for her and let the issue go. I know I did nothing wrong. So today, I decided to do something a little different... I stopped before work and purchased her favourite beverage and left it on her desk. When she arrived at work, she was shocked by my gesture. Perhaps that will help change her mind a little when it comes to me.

After work I decided to book flights to Toronto for next month. I don't have the vacation time approved yet because I still need to work out how to get the critical day-to-day stuff covered while I'm gone, but I'm confident that I can get a plan in place. I really need a vacation...

Today I'm grateful for:

* Reward miles
* My co-worker, T
* Some success on my diet/exercise plan
* E-mails and chats that keep me sane

1 comment:

jp said...

I saw that VM was being canceled and immediately thought of you & Stacey. =(