Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 21, 2007

Victoria Day... for the Queen, not the Beckham...

It's nice having Monday off. I would wish to have every Monday off, but unfortunately that's my least busy day at work (despite the dread of them on Sundays), so instead, I wish to have Fridays off like I used to when I worked four 10 hr work days. I miss those days because I actually don't mind working long hours.

I just tried bribing my youngest sister into going to get lunch for me (the bribe being that she could use my car and I would buy her something too), but the little brat declined because she didn't 'feel like it'. Heh.. wait until she needs something... I won't 'feel like it' then. Childish, yes... but those are the rules of sisterhood...

My other younger sister (who never updates her blog it seems) printed off a poem for me to hang by my desk:


The Little Ship of Courage
by Don Beckman


I saw a little ship at sail
upon a wide, wide sea
and its courage as it sailed along
seemed awfully brave to me.

In usual terms it would be said
its urge was far too strong,
but when it reached the other shore,
it proved this theory wrong.

Which indicates there is no chore
we cannot fail to do,
if we but have the fighting will
to see our aim come true,

For though the challenges we face
are as a wide, wide sea,
when we meet them with full effort
full success will be achieved.

Nice, eh?

I had the craziest dreams last night. I thought I was both playing and trapped inside of a video game... and I was building a house, but it was like a mansion in the woods... and for some reason, the bedroom I was going to stay in had no walls and I was going to be sharing it with the next door neighbours. Ugh! What the hell?? And there was this monster... but I never saw it... we were just always watching for it. It was almost like The Village or something. So weird... I guess that's what happens when I take drugs to help me sleep. I did end up getting 10 hours worth of sleep (although I was busy in my dreams) though, so that's good.

I have absolutely no plans for the day, but I should maybe think about what key things I need to accomplish while visiting Stacey & Angele in Toronto next month. I know I do need to meet with some work colleagues (that's such a weird word to spell) for either lunch or dinner. I talk to these people daily regarding sales and marketing projects, so it'd be nice to meet them in person. I somehow slipped that I was thinking of going to T.O. next month and they totally went crazy. Isn't that insane? To think there are work people who got excited about meeting me. LMAO. Anyway, there's also work colleagues in Trenton who want to see me again (as do I.. it'd be cool to see them again and see what they produce), but that's a little further away and might be a bit of a challenge to get to. Hm... anyway, gotta think about the non-work things during that week!!!

Okay, must go get my own damn lunch and fill up my car. The price of gasoline this weekend? $1.24 per litre. Gotta love living in the province that has the oil.... fucking rip-off!!!!

Today I'm grateful for:

* Time
* Days off
* My health
* Cable TV (for the 2 hours I watch it a week... what a waste, lol... but it's there when I want it!!)
* Friends who can chat with me while they're at work (who will probably end up staying an extra five hours because of it.... yes, you know who you are. ;)
* Buffy/Tara fic. I'm also kinda craving some Xena/Gabrielle fic too...hm... must go look...

1 comment:

jp said...

Who in their right minds would stay at work an extra five hours? Mental, I tell ya.