Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lucky 7's?

Today is 07/07/07... I should have purchased a lottery ticket...

I am sore from walking today. Once I was out there, I just felt like going and going... and next thing I knew, an hour had gone by. I did a longer stretching cool-down afterwards but the damage is done. Ah well, maybe I'll go swimming tomorrow...

I caught James Blunt and Madonna's performances on the Live Earth thing on TV today, as well as some of the earlier tribal stuff they had going on in Johannesberg. I still can't believe how well Al Gore's message has caught the attention of so many. It's amazing when one person's ideas impact the whole world. It definitely doesn't happen often, especially regarding something so important. I can only wonder how much the United States would have shaped up and grown better if he had become president. Instead of traveling the world pleading for us to wake up and take responsibility, he would have had the resources to actually put changes in place. God knows what else would be different. It's no use wondering because the reality is the waste of time, power, money, and lives for the past six and a half years. At least Gore will be remembered for doing great things for current and future generations and will always be regarded with the utmost respect.

I also watched Big Daddy earlier and now I'm watching the last couple of episodes of the sixth season of CSI. I think I'm definitely going to have to find some more Sofia fic... with either Sara or Catherine. ; )

While chatting with Dr. Wendi a couple of days ago, she gave me the link to some N/H Bad Girls fic that I hadn't yet read. Man... now I feel like watching my old tapes. Maybe with some luck I can coax my VCR into working tomorrow.

Today I'm grateful for:

* Improved fitness
* Another day off
* IMDb
* People like Al Gore

2 comments:

jp said...

I could no longer coax my VCR into working, and broke down and bought a new one last week. Um, did I mention it was merely because I wanted to watch The Beast with Elizabeth Mitchell that I'd taped years ago? :)

westmaple said...

They're pretty cheap now, so it's not that crazy, lol...