Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh the irony...

So, today I'm talking with my new temporary boss at work about our quarterly bonuses and how something catastrophic always seems to happen the week we get 'em and usually all of the money goes to repairing or replacing whatever happened. In the past few years, I've had an emergency root canal, my engine seizing in my car, my bed breaking, a snowstorm destroying my front two tires from snow packing in the wheels on the way home, etc. So I told her, "I can't believe it, this is the first time in a very long time where nothing has happened yet and we get the bonus money on Thursday!" I then laughed and said, "Watch, something will happen tonight..."

Well... I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. I swear, damn near everything I say comes true.

About an hour ago, I was behind my TV stand (which is kind of high up) switching the cables from the VCR to the DVD player because I'm done watching my Bad Girls tapes. I guess I must have pushed the cable in too hard on the DVD player because suddenly the whole fucking thing tipped over onto the floor. So, yeah, my TV is busted. My VCR is busted. The electrical socket is fried. I tried plugging in the VCR (in another room) to retrieve the last Bad Girls tape from it but it wouldn't eject so I had to destroy the VCR to recover it. Jesus... I wish I could just buy the fucking show on DVD so I wouldn't have to have all of these tapes. Anyway, I think my DVD player is okay. It turns on and ejected the DVD that was in there... but I won't be able to tell for sure because, well, I don't have a working TV to hook it up to to check. So yeah, now I have no TV, no VCR, god knows what to the electrical socket, and a really sore back, arms and neck because of course my first instinct was to try to save it from going over.

Sigh...

I guess it could have been worse. I could have been in front of it when it tipped over. : )

4 comments:

jp said...

Awww, Jenny...what am I gonna do with you? Crazy chica from a foreign country. Sigh.

Glad you weren't in front of it, but it's of the major suck that everything broke. :(

{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

wow... that's pretty lame... I have a feeling you just pushed it over yourself but that's only because you've been whining for a new TV for months
This is all part of your conspiracy to get a new TV and not feel guilty about it :P

Stacey said...

That's what always happens when you get some money. It's just the way it is--you are not alone. Damn, now I have that lame Michael Jackson song, "You Are Not Alone" in my head...

Get a better tv. And vcrs are sooo cheap now because who the hell wants one? :P

westmaple said...

Chantel, if I wanted a new TV, I'd buy one (like I'm obviously going to have to now). When I was complaining, it was because I had to haul my TV all the way from the city to here, dumbass.