Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Insanity

Oh my god, sometimes I hate being a woman. Fucking menstrual cramps suck!!! I've taken drugs, tried the heating pad, tried stretching, tried curling up in a ball on the bed, tried a bath.... nothing helps. The codeine in the Tylenol 3 I have helps take a bit of the edge off but then I feel nauseated. Bleh. I hate this day or two of the month!!!!!

So yeah, that's what I have going on today. That and a crisis at work where we're running a new product and the box company that makes our shipper cartons fucked up on the box size, so our boxes are slightly too long for the product. Our product is frozen so the extra room may cause the product to break in transport.... so yeah, I was at work for 11 hours yesterday with the Quality manager trying to figure out a way to still run the product with the boxes we have until the box company can produce new ones. We did find a fix for it but it requires additional cardboard inserts and two extra people on the line to add them to the cases. God... what an ordeal. So with having to deal with all of this, I'm really behind on my day-to-day stuff. I ended up going home at 3 pm today because my cramps were nearing the unbearable level - so the work remains undone until tomorrow... and tomorrow the pile will be even higher. Fun, fun, fun. The management team is gone to a conference tomorrow though, so I'm stuck working 11 hours again anyway so someone is there to manage any issues that arise. So weird that I'm the person that is given that responsibility these days... I'm sometimes amazed at the strange position I find myself in sometimes. A year ago I would have never seen myself where I'm at right now - I don't think anyone would. What I'm doing now is not really even in my job description... but then again, I am doing most of my manager's job while she's on maternity leave, so that's probably why. Once she's back, my responsibility and work load will definitely be reduced. I'm actually looking forward to that. :)

I've started season three of Grey's Anatomy. Some of the characters are pissing me off now... I think I'll definitely be going through this season slower than the previous two. I think I may be getting a touch annoyed with it.

I really need a holiday away from home. I would like to visit Jen and Wendi in Philadelphia sometime in the near future. I would also like to visit San Francisco again and go to Victoria for a visit to The Butchart Gardens. I went there when I was 13 years old and it was amazing. I showed Jules the pictures online and she thought it was magnificent, so I would like to take her sometime. The company she works for has an office in Victoria, so I think she'd also like to visit some of her colleagues that she talks to on the phone regularly with.

Tonight, some of the cutest little kids I have ever seen came around for candy. Little wee ones dressed like frogs and bunnies and ducks and bears... sooooooooooooooooo adorable. Halloween is so worth it just to see the little itty bitty kids who can barely walk up the steps come by for candy.

I've decided, next year I don't want to give out candy. I want to give out something else... like maybe juice boxes or something. I remember as a kid that I always thought it was cool when I received stuff that was different from the rest. Then again, I was the kid who loved when I got raisins and sunflower seeds and I gave away my chocolates because I didn't like chocolate until I was 18 years old for some reason. It's still not a favourite of mine... it has to have a lot of caramel or nuts or fruit or something in it for me to eat it. I cannot eat dark chocolate at all though... instant bad reaction. Not sure why that is.

Today I'm grateful for:

* Drugs (even if they barely work)
* Friends
* Quick fixes
* Responsibility
* My bed

1 comment:

jp said...

You could always detour through Ohio...

Hope you're feeling better. Your American twin is notoriously horrid at keeping up. :(