Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

No Go

Banff will be a no go for me this weekend. Everything and anything that could possibly happen at work is happening... the past two days have been unbelievable. I worked until 8 pm last night and 7:30 pm tonight. I'm still not caught up from last week so that means I'll definitely be working on Saturday. I've managed to avoid scheduling Sunday production so I'll have one day off at least.

I broke the news to Jules this morning and she understands. It's helpful to have a girlfriend who has been in a similar situation before. She used to manage a Chapters/Indigo/Coles/whatever they call them now book store and had to work all of the holidays, work late, etc. I'm sure she's quite disappointed but she's insisting I stay and work... thank goodness because if I went away this weekend there's no way in hell I'd ever catch up. The busy season is in full swing and I'm already having to pull minor miracles on a daily basis to ensure Eastern Canada has enough inventory, whether it means changing the schedule mid-shift or next day... or making the warehouse manager coordinate a stock transfer between here and Ontario on a whim (which sucks and I loathe to do it)... blah... this week we've also been having issues with packaging and ingredients... there's no way in hell I can leave.

I wish my manager would return to work so I could ease up on hours/days...

In other news... My car needs new brakes. My brakes are squealing. Yay... just what I need when the snow season has started. I have no idea how much brakes cost but I'm guessing it's quite a bit, depending on whether I just need brake pads or if I need other stuff too. My car is 14 years old so chances are, it's not going to be cheap.

It's my best friend/co-worker's birthday tomorrow so I have to get her gift bag sorted out. She loves Family Guy, especially Stewie so I bought her some little things that I know she'll like. I also got her some Post-It notes that I found in a cool store that sells paper and writing stuff. They're really... sophisticated. I love their Post-it 'To Do' list pads... she's been coveting mine so I bought her some of her own, plus some other ones. It's funny... people get her the usual stuff for her birthday and Christmas and she doesn't like it. I get her stuff like a clear plastic clipboard and an easy compressing stapler from Staples and she *still* mentions how much she loves them... and that was a year ago. I also get her stuff like hand sanitizer and jelly beans and they're a big hit. It's all about knowing what the person likes. ;)

Today I'm grateful for:

* My girlfriend
* The time change
* Having my passport
* Grey's Anatomy
* My chiropractor
* Kate Walsh on the cover of Marie Claire

1 comment:

jp said...

Aww, I'm sorry you can't go this weekend. Here's {{super speedy}} return-from-mat-leave vibes for your Supervisor.