Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Grrrrr....

At dinner this evening, speaking with a colleague from another manufacturing facility:

Colleague - "The new products we're producing for [company edited] are doing very well."

Me - "That's one thing I don't really enjoy... the company producing for [company edited]. The company has a perfect score on the HRC score card for diversity and yet we produce for a company that discriminates against minorities."

Colleague - "Oh, really?!"

Me - "Well, for one, they donate a lot of money to Christian right wing groups that fight against gay rights."

Colleague (in a dismissive tone) - "Oh, well, gays and lesbians are not the same thing as a minority."

I just shut up after that. I am definitely not one to talk about gay rights, etc., especially in a work environment, and I'm not even sure why I opened my mouth, but that just burned me.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I would've said something. And especially in a work environment because we are protected as gays and lesbians. :) Screw your colleague.

Shannon said...

Wow, I didn't know Curves did that.