Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Weekend (over in a nanosecond... sigh)

What a week. I went into work on Thursday to a mountain of work and utter chaos. One of my colleagues is leaving the company this upcoming Thursday, so the department went out for lunch to... I don't know, what do you call it... it's not celebrating their departure... um... buy them lunch for having worked their? Whatever. Anyway, it was an excuse to leave the office and focus on something more fun.

Friday wasn't much better, work-wise... lots of stress and running around doing a million things. It felt just as much of a write-off as Thursday, only longer. After work, Jules and I went out to an expensive restaurant of her choosing to celebrate our six month anniversary a few days early (it's on the 12th). The restaurant ended up being terrible, so that was $85 for very little. Live and learn...

On Saturday, my mom phoned me to tell me that they replaced me at their place. My youngest sister's friend has a golden retreiver with a litter of 12 puppies born on Boxing Day. The father is a black labridor so they are all black with some grey and white, I guess. My mom has wanted a dog for years, probably since the last dog we had about 15 years ago, so she decided to take one of the puppies. He is, as mentioned, mostly black with a tiny little streak of white on his head and greyish white legs and feet. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! My mom named him Maxwell. I'm not really a dog person, but this little guffer is adorable. He gallops around for a few minutes, tries to haul his toys around (that are as big as he is) and then in the next moment, he's passed out sleeping in the craziest positions. Needless to say, Jules and I went over there for the evening yesterday to check him out (and do our laundry for free! Yay! Free laundry!)

Today was spent grocery shopping at Costco and Safeway. At Safeway, we had this misfortune of picking the line-up that had the trainee at the cash register. It was her first day on the job and she was very flustered. We tried to be friendly and joke around to help her relax, but in the end she dropped items on the ground (that she then put in the bag!) including Julie's precious Creme Egg that she had wanted to eat in the car. LOL... we could hardly keep straight faces. I'm sure some customers would have demanded new stuff for the ones that fell on the floor, but we found it hilarious.

This evening is for work... ick. I need to do a few things that I cannot seem to get done while in the office with everyone bugging me, so I must give up my evening (as soon as I stop blogging and other stuff....hm... not really working out as planned so far).

Today I'm grateful for:

* A warm place to live (it's freeeeeeeezing outside!)
* Money for groceries
* My girlfriend
* My Boggle skilz
* My friends
* My family

1 comment:

jp said...

There's my Canadian twin...I've missed your posts.