Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 26, 2008

From Lusha With Love

I was driving home after dropping my beloved off at the airport (thereby helping to deliver her to some of you reading), and I suddenly became quite aware, that for 11 days, I would be J-Less. I was not home for more than ten minutes, when "great joy" . . . beloved J rings me from the airport. Wistful and terribly sentimental I start to tell her how much I miss her and how 'coming home' was an oxymoron, for home is where-ever she is....indeed, when she rang, I was literally staring at our bed, wondering how to get in it without her to snuggle up to against for the night. I am not sure if I am 'a romantic spirit' or 'a pathetic lesbian' but that's not for here....

"Well, I'm drunk" (she says, inserting the appropriate, "I miss you too, baby" comment). I laugh. How can she be, it was less than an hour ago I kissed her goodbye.

"Yup. I am loaded and I love you baby, because the number the bartender left me on the napkin under my umpteenth drink...well she's no you, so that's in the garbage".

I laugh again.

"I do not know what it is about me at airports, baby . . .".

Jenn is not one to continue a jest after a certain point.....

And so....

I stop laughing and throw in my,"Noooooooo way", a la Valley Girl in training.

Ascertaining that within the one hour I had left her, she had checked in, gone through security and placed herself in the only place open late, a sports bar, she began her tale:

The bartender was, "Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry...but with longer hair..so cute, I mean really cute". The free (FREE! They fire Walmart employees for less), drinks our lush was provided included a shooter that, "tasted like Dr Pepper". And well (she mused), this was all very flattering but, "I have you and I know and love what we have". She also said something about some guys being very impressed as Jenn was left the wee-baby-dyke's number on a napkin that she had, "put under this over sized pint I ordered...the only drink I actually bought I think".

FLIPPING HECK! COR BLIMEY! STRIKE A LIGHT!

I am in obvious awe of my babe. This kind of thing never happens to me. I do, however, seem to be attracted to women (neigh SIRENS) to whom this occurrence is the norm rather than the exception. I think that is because I am oblivious to their being sirens until one day I wake up and realise, "Jeepers! People actually dream of being me??". I must say, Jenn looked incredibly beautiful this evening...but good grief people....11.30pm on a school night, and lesbian bartenders are all over her in a straight bar in a place of business and travel. Vote for John McCain, watch more Nancy Grace....enough of this liberal hogwash y'all....the country is going to hell in a handcart...

You see, this, this is why she rents bad movies...because the good movies are too much like her life. When we gasp, "Oh that would NEVER happen", Jenn is the one saying, "That is just like that time when I...".

So I go to bed with a little smile on my face. My baby - she got it going on. It's really something to know she had that moment tonight. I mean, truly, being serious...what a wonderful way to start a holiday! I also share this with you in order to begin a barrage of relentless teasing when Ms 'back-snap' Thang is comfortably ensconced in the des-les-res (that is the "desirable, lesbian residence" of S and A....the new kitchen...mmm!).

It is now hour two and I miss her, I miss her, I miss her. I am sure at some point before I turned 55 years old (or whatever that number was last Sunday) I was a lot cooler than this.

Anyway my lovelies, Jenn is now on a plane to Toronto, "Sleeping one off". I was informed she had packed her Blockbuster card. Which is odd as she didn't pack anything else (see Jenn's last post). I think at one point she actually WAS doing her taxes.

Good night and God bless - although clearly, for some of you, GOD HELP YOU!

Jules

No comments: