Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dead battery

Stupid Dell laptop... the battery suddenly died on Sunday night. I've had the computer for just over two years now. I looked online and read that Dell batteries go dead all the time, sometimes after less than a year from purchase. A brand new battery from Dell is at least $140 before tax and shipping and the reviews on them are terrible. I decided to buy one from another company for $90 total... that includes tax and insured next day shipping. I figure, what the hell, if it's going to die every two years, I might as well go with a cheaper one!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Our sisters had the same Dell laptop and they both fried after just over a year. Dell just doesn't make good products anymore. :( It's so annoying. I'd go with the cheaper battery for sure.

jp said...

Gah! That's not fun. I've had my Dell laptop for six years now and haven't had any issues with the battery. *knocks on wood* Of course, I've now just cursed it...