Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Update

This week Julie and I are house sitting for my parents as they take their first vacation in years. I'll be driving my mom's car to work and Julie will drive mine into the city for work (she'll get to experience my daily commute although hers will be a little longer due to the time and flow of traffic). It'll be nice to stay in an air conditioned house while it's so damn hot here - it's been in the 30's all week.

This morning we found out that Margaret Cho had a date in Edmonton on her stand-up tour but when I went to get tickets saw that it's been postponed due to scheduling conflicts. Damn... I really hope they actually re-schedule it and not cancel it. Driving down to Calgary on a Sunday evening for a show won't happen (Julie said no, that it would be silly). I really really want to see her live... I love her material.

I see the Olympics have started. Big deal. I used to watch them on CBC but the games this year don't interest me. It doesn't seem like a true Olympics this year... seems more like a production or a farce. Maybe they've always been like that and it's just this year that the media is reporting on all the insane things that happen or are forced upon the locals. In either case, I'm not interested. I'll play Wii Fit instead.

No comments: